Will you be having a glass of wine tonight to unwind after a busy week?
To minimize the effect alcohol will have on your system and prevent weight gain the next day, follow these tips!
- Don’t starve yourself or under eat throughout the day. Still eat breakfast and lunch with protein and 1-2 snacks of fresh fruit or a cold press juice between meals. This will help you feel satisfied later on and make better decisions around foods/drinks.
- Eat a balanced dinner containing 3-6oz of good quality animal protein, tons of veggies and health fats. Avocado, Olives, Goat/Sheep Cheese, Hemp Hearts are all great options to add. Avoid drinking on an empty stomach.
- Try to avoid eating carbs with dinner as you will be drinking your carbs later on in wine.
- Take 1000mg Vitamin C capsules. First thing in the morning (day of drinking), before bed and first thing the following morning (after drinking) to help regulate HBA1C and Cortisol levels.
- Have a large glass of filtered water with activated charcoal and a pinch of coloured sea salt before going to bed after drinking and again upon waking.
- Bonus: Wear a Castor Oil Pack over your liver the night of drinking to support liver detoxification.
These tips will help your body metabolize and pull the toxins from the wine quicker. To prevent water retention / weight gain while reducing inflammation.
Save this email for later if you won’t be drinking tonight but have some nights out coming up. These tips can be used with any type of alcohol drinks to support your liver, not just wine.