The more sugar pumping through your blood, the more Insulin is needed to regulate it. Insulin is the most anabolic hormone, meaning it contributes to growth and aging of the body.
Love Handles, Muffin Tops, Tire Ring. Whatever you may call it. The excess body fat you’re carrying on your supra-iliac crest (lower back) is a classic physical sign of Insulin Resistance. A very common and concerning health challenge many face today.
This can be caused by:
- Poor Sleep Hygiene (consistently sleeping after 10pm & waking up during the night)
- Lack of consistent and appropriate exercise
- Going long periods (over 4 hours) between meals
- Poor Food Combinations (Consistently having carbohydrate only meals or eliminating healthy fats and/or protein all together from meals)
- Poor Digestion / Gut Health
- Chronically High Stress
- Overconsumption of Artificial Sweeteners
- Nutrient Deficiencies
Do you resonate with one or more of the above things?
Want smaller ‘love handles’ and looking to get rid of excess back fat?
Then look to improve your Insulin levels.
- Eat at consistent times throughout the day (every 2.5-3.5 hours is ideal)
- Increase protein & healthy fat consumption (start your day with a high protein, high fat & veggie breakfast – avoid having carbs unless training)
- Reduce / omit artificial sweetener use
- Improve your gut health & digestion
- Get to bed by 10pm nightly & work on reducing the amount of times you wake up
- Increase intensity of your workouts
- Improve any nutrient deficiencies