Parasites are tiny organisms that live and feed off of another organism. This means that our bodies are the perfect place for them to live and breed. They eat, lay eggs, secrete toxins, and thrive off of the foods we eat. Mainly, dairy products and processed sugar. Parasites consume and rob us of the nutrients in our bodies that we need to function properly. This leaves us feeling sick, hungry and nutrient deprived. Among many other challenges.
There are two main types of Parasites.
- A larger worm that can be seen by the naked eye that lives in the digestive tract and cannot travel to other parts of the body. Such as tapeworms, pinworms, hookworms, etc.
- Smaller parasites such as protozoa and amoebas, which are more like bacteria and can travel throughout the bloodstream. It acts like an infection and is more dangerous because they can reproduce without laying eggs and can destroy the calcium in our bones, eat away at our nerve cells, and live in our most vital organs.
We typically get Parasites from consuming contaminated food or water, undercooked raw fish/ seafood, beef, pork or poultry. We can also get them from animal saliva, black flies, dust, human contact, mishandled food, feces and soil.
They can be passed as easily as touching a contaminated door knob, playing with your pets, or swimming in contaminated water. People with severe gut challenges / leaky gut or a weakened immune system are more susceptible to getting them.
3 misconceptions of how you may get a Parasite:
- People associate getting a Parasite only from travelling or visiting a third world country. This is not true.
- You can’t get Parasites at home. This is untrue. Parasites can also come from the heavy metals in our piping and be transferred through drinking tap water.
- You don’t need to drastically lose weight to have Parasites. They can eat you alive with other symptoms.
FUN FACT: Most doctors only test for the most common 9 Parasites but we actually have over 200 different types.
Symptoms associated with Parasites:
- Drastic Weight Loss
- Loose Stool / Urgent Diarrhea
- Tiredness / Chronic Fatigue
- Headaches / Migraines
- Can’t Lose Weight
- Bloating / Gas / Digestive Challenges
- Thyroid Issues
- Mood Disorders / Anxiety / Depression
- Sleep Disturbances
- Skin Challenges / Flare Ups
- Food Allergies / Sensitivities
- Teeth Grinding
- Excessive Hungriness
Parasites love to eat dairy and processed sugars. So having these things present in your body will keep these microbes around longer and make them grow in excess.
The good news – You can get rid of them!
By starving off the Parasites and eliminating the foods they feed off of from your diet (mainly sugar). Then proceeding to do a gut cleanse once the environment is set up for a successful gut cleanse. You should be able to eliminate them. Get started today!