Chances are you’re probably sitting in an electromagnetic field (EMF) at this very moment. Whether you are on your phone, computer or an iPad, they are all emitting EMF frequencies right now. Not to mention, your microwave, fitness tracking devices on your wrist, the computer, tv and wifi router.
We are pretty much surrounded by EMF all day, everyday in modern day life.
EMF as invisible areas of energy, often referred to as radiation and associated with the use of electrical power and various forms of natural and man-made lighting.
Unfortunately, over exposure to EMF can be detrimental to your mind and overall health in general.
EMF Exposure affects our:
- Mindset & Emotions – It compromises the blood-brain barrier and raises brain glucose levels. This can lead to inflammation in the brain. Radiation from cellphones significantly disrupts levels of serotonin and dopamine in the brain. This can increase stress, anxiety and depression.
- Sleep Quality – Lowering blue light exposure (especially 30-60 minutes before you sleep) can drastically improve your sleep quality by increasing your natural melatonin production. Having your cell phone by your pillow at night can disrupt your Circadian Rhythm and increase Insomnia.
- Ability to Lose Fat – EMF exposure elevates oxidative stress in the body. This weakens our cell membranes, damages DNA, and impairs our bodies ability to create energy (ATP). This elevates Cortisol in the body making it difficult to lose fat.
Ways to reduce EMF Exposure on the body:
- Avoid carrying your cell phone in your pocket or bra. This can increase reproductive issues in men and breast cancer in women.
- Avoid using your cellphone &/or laptop while they are plugged. Try to keep these devices at a distance as much as possible.
- Avoid bluetooth devices (apple watch, ear pods, ect.). Use speaker phone as much as possible.
- Unplug appliances when not in use, avoid fluorescent lighting, unplug your wifi router at night and keep your bedroom free of EMF.
We are surrounded by EMF exposure pretty much everywhere we go. If you have been finding it more challenging to sleep at night and have tried everything possible. Have a look around your room (and even the house) to see how you can reduce some of the EMF radiation that is being emitted at night. Try turning off any wireless device (unplug the router), remove your cell phone from your room at night & unplug the tv in your room at night and see how this makes a difference to your sleep and how you feel during the day.