Carrying excess body fat in the scapula region, also known as the upper back or shoulder blade area, is an indication of Insulin Resistance. Insulin is a hormone that regulates blood sugar levels, and when the body becomes resistant to Insulin, it can lead to excess body fat in the back, obesity and other health problems.
One way to improve Insulin Resistance and reduce body fat in the upper back region is to make diet and lifestyle changes that promote healthy weight loss and support Insulin.
Our 4 Week Slimmer Waist Program is designed to help you lower Insulin levels.
- The meal plan is designed starting with a ton of healthy fats and protein and gradually increasing carbs over the 4 weeks. Aimed to get you using fat as fuel while stimulating fat loss. Meals and snacks are also balanced in a way that supports Insulin.
- The exercise routine within this plan is also targeted to burn fat and decrease Insulin. How you train can directly affect this.
- Lifestyle solutions are there to help you make new healthy habits that support fat loss.
- Plus information on High & Low Glycemic foods.
5 natural health remedies and lifestyle changes that can be helpful include:
- Eating a balanced diet that consists of single ingredient foods – Focus on a diet that is focused around nutrient dense foods. Such as fruits, vegetables, hormone free meats and healthy fats. Avoid highly processed foods, refined sugars, and saturated fats.
- Exercising regularly – Engage in regular physical activity, such as walking, jogging, cycling, or strength training. Aim for at least 30 minutes of exercise most days of the week.
- Managing stress – Stress can contribute to Insulin Resistance, so try to manage stress through techniques such as meditation, journalling, or deep breathing.
- Prioritize sleep – Lack of sleep can disrupt Insulin levels and increase appetite. Aim for 7-8 hours of uninterrupted sleep each night.
- Taking supplements when needed – Certain supplements, such as a good quality fish oil, magnesium bis-glycinate, carnitine, ALA, Fenugreek and bitter melon can all help improve Insulin Sensitivity.
If you’re looking for a place to start and ready to get started. Check out our 4 Week Slimmer Waist Program. Its a simple way to get started, provides you with a plan and guides you through a 4 week plan designed to improve Insulin levels and get you to lose body fat, especially in the upper back region.