On a scale of 1-10, how would you rate your sleep?
Do you even know what great sleep means or entails?
Have you ever made this a priority or focus in your life?
Not sleeping great can lead to an array of health conditions and slow the healing process. It could also be the reason you can’t seem to lose those 10lbs or have been feeling stuck for years.
If you struggle to sleep, you are not alone. Tens of millions of people have trouble sleeping.
What is optimal sleep?
- It’s falling asleep within 5 minutes of hitting the pillow at night.
- Sleeping (not just laying there) by 10pm each night to maximize repair time (10pm-1am).
- It’s sleeping a full 7-8 hours each night without waking up (‘just to pee’).
- Waking up feeling refreshed in the morning without the need to hit snooze.
After reading this list, how many of these are you successful at achieving each night?
And how would you rate your sleep now, knowing these are the factors that contribute to great sleep?
Poor Sleep can wreak havoc on your health and can lead to:
- Insulin Resistance (inability to handle carbs well)
- Dry, itchy skin or elevated skin conditions
- Decreased mood, energy and concentration/focus
- Increased depression and anxiety
- Weight gain and the inability to lose body fat
- A weakened immune system
- Increased cravings
Good quality, uninterrupted sleep is the foundation to optimal health. It is our body and minds precious time that allows us to heal from and repair the day’s damage. If you are not sleeping well, stress hormone (Cortisol) will always be high in your body.
Luckily though, poor sleep doesn’t need to continue. With some lifestyle changes or supplementing with Magnesium Bis-Glycinate or other natural herbs, you can drastically improve your sleep.
Two of our favourite sleep supplements: