Just one night of poor sleep can raise blood sugar levels the following day. While poor sleep over an extended period increases your risk of becoming Insulin Resistance.
Candida is a yeast that naturally grows in the body. The challenge with it is when it grows in excess and overpowers the good gut bacteria in your stomach, mouth or intestines.
This is a very common gut issue we see with many of our clients and nothing to be ashamed of. Also note, you do not need to have yeast infections to have a yeast overgrowth.
Symptoms of a Candida or Bacterial Overgrowth in your gut includes:
- Bloating or Abdominal Distension
- Cramping or Stomach Pains
- Diarrhea or Constipation
- Chronic Fatigue & Disrupted Sleep Challenges
- Can’t Lose Weight, Especially in the Midsection
- Skin & Nail Fungus
- Joint Pain or Stiffness
- Difficulty Concentrating
- Brain Fog & Mood Challenges
- Skin Issues
- Strong Sugar or Carb Cravings
Candida can enter your bloodstream and easily become a full body problem. Attacking your skin, mouth, ears, thyroid and reproductive organs. Not to mention the many digestive challenges it brings.
We feed this yeast and bad bacteria in our bodies by:
- Eating highly processed carbs (gluten feeds yeast).
- Excessive alcohol consumption.
- Medication & antibiotic use.
- Consuming too many fermented foods can feed active yeast.
- Chronic stress.
- Dairy consumption.
If you have been diagnosed with an autoimmune issue, thyroid condition or estrogen dominant and experience multiple of the above symptoms, chances are you have some form of Candida overgrowth going on.