If you are reading this, you are either going through menopause, or getting close to experiencing it or know someone who is suffering with symptoms.
What if I told you these symptoms are COMMON but not NORMAL? What if you could go through menopause WITHOUT going through the challenges?
The most common symptoms are:
- Hot flashes
- Night sweats
- Mood swings, depression, anxiety
- Joint pains
- Reduced libido
- Increase in body fat (especially visceral and abdominal fat)
These symptoms can start years before the actual onset of menopause and last for years later!!
Current medications and hormone replacement therapy drugs seem to provide temporary relief but at a cost – back pain, sore breasts, vaginal bleeding, hair loss, yeast infections, indigestion, insomnia, immune system challenges, etc.
Here are the 5 most effective ways we have used to help women avoid or eliminate symptoms associated with menopause.
SOLUTION # 1: Reduce inflammation
Inflammation of the gut increases stress hormone cortisol. That along with low estrogens (during and after menopause) and low seratonin (critical neurotransmitter that regulates sleep, pain reception and moods), causes a lot of symptoms like joint pain, migraines, indigestion, sleeplessness, anxiety/depression, etc.
You can heal and rebuild the gut lining by:
- Eliminating inflammatory foods that you are sensitive to http://belite.ca/wp/wp/?p=117 (refer STEP 1)
- Using nutrients like glutamine, aloe vera, fiber, marshmellow root, gamma-oryzanol, ginger and garlic
- Starving and killing candida using Echinacea and Golden seal, wormwood, oregano, etc.
- Using a good probiotic supplement to populate the gut with healthy bacteria
A healthy gut also reduces the stress on the liver and helps it detoxify more effectively.
SOLUTION # 2: Minimize exposure to chemicals and environmental estrogens
These hormone disruptors are present in every day products like soaps, shampoos, cosmetics, skin creams, plastic containers, canned foods, receipts from stores, alcohol, birth control, vaccines and air fresheners to name a ‘few’.
Good news is you have the power to choose and minimize exposure to these chemicals.
Some practical ways to do this are:
- Eat organic food especially animal proteins. There are certain fruits and vegetables that MUST be eaten organic http://www.davidsuzuki.org/what-you-can-do/queen-of-green/faqs/food/what-are-the-dirty-dozen-and-the-clean-fifteen/
- Use natural chemical-free products that are free from the following chemicals http://www.ewg.org/research/dirty-dozen-list-endocrine-disruptors
- Stop using soy and dairy. There is a lot of research showing the effects of these foods on general hormone balance and menopause. For people who are not sensitive or allergic to dairy, make sure you consume only organic dairy products.
- Reduce or eliminate alcohol to reduce strain on the liver.
SOLUTION # 3: Use nutrients that help metabolize estrogens
The best nutrients we have used to reduce / eliminate symptoms of menopause are:
- AOR Orthocore – excellent multi vitamin and mineral formula that supports liver detoxification and estrogen metabolism.
- Poliquin Topical Mag and UberMag Plus – every person we have worked with so far is magnesium deficient. Magnesium is necessary for the body to eliminate estrogens after being metabolized. Without this, the risk for cancer increases. We have successfully used magnesium with vitamin E to get rid of migraines and in a lot of cases, hot flashes as well. http://main.poliquinstore.com/topical-mag http://main.poliquinstore.com/ubermagpluspx
- Fiber – Fiber supplements like modified citrus pectin, chia seed powder, bind with the metabolites and eliminate them through the digestive system. Rotate your fiber every 1-2 weeks. Women should be taking at least 25gms a day.
- Zinc – Zinc helps maintain balance between testosterone and estrogen. This balance is essential to reduce symptoms such as hair loss, moods, dry skin, low libido. http://main.poliquinstore.com/uberzinc-px
- DIM and Calcium d glucarate – These nutrients enhance estrogen metabolism. We find they also help get the legs and glutes leaner faster. http://www.douglaslabs.ca/products-detail-dl.cfm?litm=201208-30HYC http://www.aor.ca/products-page/advanced/cellular-detox-4/
SOLUTION # 4: Weight train and reduce body fat
Weigh training and the resulting change if body composition are known to improve estrogen metabolism, improve sensitivity of testosterone receptor sites and even reduce risk of cancer.
From personal experience with training women in the age group 35-50, women who weight train before, during or after, have the least menopause issues.
SOLUTION # 5: Get to bed by 10pm
The body performs specific functions related to healing and repair between 10pm and 5am. Missing these critical hours means that these functions don;t get performed effectively.
As a result a lot of toxins get backed up and strain the liver, gall bladder and the gut, resulting in a lot of symptoms related to menopause.